Random observations on kids, exercise, sports, and whatever else comes up.

Thursday, July 9, 2009

The Nursery

... finally has a little boy living in it!

We have owned nursery furniture since March. It was unloaded from my husband's truck and deposited in our front living room for storage until there was room in Alex's room. Alex's room was formerly our guest room, but has been filled with miscellaneous crap for the past few years.

Two weeks ago, you couldn't even walk into that room. Now a little boy lives and plays in there. Talk about miraculous transformations. There's still work to be done, like painting the walls and adding shelves and storage cubes, but it's a livable room.

Love, love, LOVE the nursery bedding and accessories. Couldn't be happier with them. They're part of the reason there is furniture in there before the walls are painted (light blue).

The dresser, which doubles as a changing table (for now). Planning to mount some cabinets and shelves over it for storage and decoration.

This chair was my grandmother's. She rocked me in it when I was a baby. I love it more than I could love any glider rocker, because it creaks. Rocking chairs should creak. Plus I found those great lighthouse cushions for it. The Winnie the Pooh swing is likely going to be evicted to another room of the house -- mainly because it doesn't match! The wall behind the chair is where I'm going to go nuts with cube storage.

I am also searching for a large wooden toy box that I can paint. It will live under the window on the fourth, unpictured wall.

So the more I think about it, the more I realize that the nursery is far from complete. But hey, Alex doesn't seem to mind.




1 comment:

  1. It really is an awesome room. I walked in there and nearly fell asleep, myself.

    ReplyDelete