Random observations on kids, exercise, sports, and whatever else comes up.

Monday, May 17, 2010

Progress

Couldn't sleep at 4 am today, so I got up and got busy.
Doubled my running distance today. It was farther than I'd intended to run, but I felt like I could do it, so I did.
Years ago, 1.2 miles is a distance I would have scoffed at, but this morning it felt like a major accomplishment. I ran the whole distance without even thinking about quitting. I hardly limped at all, and I wasn't even wearing my brace. I probably could have gone farther, but I'll save that for next week.
I logged a total of 3.6 miles before 5:30 am -- .6 warmup, 1.2 run, .6 cool down, and 1.2 walking the dog (if I can double my distance, she can, too).
I am reminded that RUNNING STINKS. No, literally. But I've missed that stinkypants smell.

2 comments: