Random observations on kids, exercise, sports, and whatever else comes up.

Sunday, August 23, 2009

Peace of Mind


Alex rolls over now. He's pretty good at it, in fact:



That is to say, he's good at rolling from back to tummy. He HAS rolled from tummy to back before, but he hasn't quite figured out that he could do it at will. So a lot of times he rolls to his tummy, then gets unhappy about it because he can't figure out how to get back.

Unless he is sleeping. He has become a stomach sleeper, just like his mom. Try as I might to put him to bed on his back, I will go into the nursery to check on him and find this:


As I've said before, SIDS terrifies me. While I realize that there is likely many more factors to it than just a mattress and a baby's face, it's still a frightening prospect. And since I cannot spend my entire life watching my baby sleep to make sure he keeps breathing, the feature FOX News did on the Snuza Halo Baby Movement Monitor definitely caught my attention.

My peace of mind is definitely worth $130 with free shipping. I'll just be spending my nights by Alex's crib until it arrives.

No comments:

Post a Comment