Random observations on kids, exercise, sports, and whatever else comes up.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

Silent Night

So, we've been having some sleeping issues. By "we" I mean TLB, of course, but when he wakes up at 4 am yapping over the monitor, it's really hard for me to get back to sleep afterwards, so his issues are my issues. My first impulse was to point my finger at day care. "His Cuddle-Gram says his last nap was at 11:15 and it was only for twenty minutes!" I'd cry. But people kept telling me that it's just something that happens. Just when you get on a schedule, the baby will change the schedule. THEY say.

I like to think I'm smarter than the average bear. So you'd think when my husband, who is always first up to change TLB's diaper in the morning, starts telling me morning after morning "I didn't put his pajamas back on him because they were wet" a bell would go off? Right? Right?!

It took ME getting Alex out of bed and feeling the sogginess of his Sleep-sack to realize that maybe something wasn't right. So last night, after he chugged 10 ounces of formula like a frat boy at a kegger, I thought I'd try out those size 3 Baby Dry Pampers that Philip picked up at the store the other day.

My alarm went off at 5:15 am as usual. I was asleep when it happened. So was TLB. I woke him up to change his diaper and give him a bath at 6 am as usual, and holy cow! That diaper weighed a TON! But baby was dry and happy. And well-rested.

Another mystery solved.

Hopefully he'll sleep so hard again tonight that he won't roll onto his tummy. But just in case he does, he'll be wearing his new Snuza movement monitor. Now Mommy can sleep better, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment