Random observations on kids, exercise, sports, and whatever else comes up.

Friday, June 19, 2009

Baby Classes

For years before my son's birth, I have been planning activities for him in the hopes of someday raising the Most Awesome Child Ever. One of the things I was absolutely set on was some sort of dance class. Oh, I don't expect my son to wear tights and frolic about. But I'd like him to learn to move to music, and not feel self-conscious about doing it. Neither of his parents are dancers, but we both wish we were. A lot of men I've spoken to agree that dance lessons are a good idea. Chicks dig guys who can dance, right?

However, my little Wormie can't exactly dance until he learns to walk, so I'm looking for other alternatives to help with his physical and mental development in the meanwhile. A Spaz Mom like me could go nuts with all the choices available! Swimming, gymnastics, music... SIGN LANGUAGE! I found a baby signing class for 6 month olds. How awesome.

Swim lessons are a must, especially in Florida. Those start at 6 months. It'll be October, but the pool is heated. By that time, Alex should be big enough for swimmie diapers.

Baby gymnastics would be cool for developing strength and coordination. Plus, the class at the Little Gym is called "Bugs." I'm looking forward to saying, "Time to take Wormie to Bugs class!" That starts at 4 months, so it'll give me something to do until we start swimming!

In the meanwhile, I guess I'll stick with our daily activities of singing, playing 1-2-3-Jump! and the Baby Einstein play gym.

1 comment:

  1. Also, time to buy him a computer. You can never start too early.

    ReplyDelete