Random observations on kids, exercise, sports, and whatever else comes up.

Monday, June 7, 2010

Cheesy Tots!

I'm sure it was just God's way of telling me to lay off the fried, cheesy foods, but boy oh boy, there are few things that irk me more than a snarky teen who's sure she's right when she isn't.



BK Chickie: Welcome to Burger King. Can I take your order?


Me: I'd like a 12-piece cheesy tots, and...


BK Chickie: Uh, yeah. Cheesy tots have been discontinued... for, like, a long time, now.


Me: Oh. Okay. They're on your board. So I guess I'll have...


BK Chickie: No. We have funnel cakes up there now.


Me: Um. Alright. But you have cheesy tots on your board, too.


BK Chickie: I'll have my manager check that.


Me: Cool. So, I guess I'll have a cheeseburger and a bottled water.


BK Chickie: We don't have bottled water right now.


Me: Oh. Okay. I guess I'll have... an orange Fanta and a cheeseburger.


BK Chickie: An orange juice and...


Me: No, no, a Fanta orange soda.


BK Chickie: We have Fanta Strawberry.


Me: Do you have Sprite?


BK Chickie: Yes.


Me: I'll have that. Small.



So I pull around, pay the girl, and as she gives me my food she informs me, "I don't know what you think you saw on the board, but my co-worker just checked and there aren't any cheesy tots up there."



What I wanted to say: Well, I'd tell you your co-worker's making you look like a fool, but I think you're doing fine all on your own.


Or: Then one of us is delusional. Maybe she should double-check, just to be sure.


Or: "Have a nice day" or "Sorry we didn't have half the stuff you ordered" would have been better.


What I DID say was, "Okay, if you say so," and drove off with the cheeseburger I didn't really want in the first place.


If I hadn't been in a hurry to get to my martial arts class, I would have gone in and spoken to the manager. After cooling down, I decided to just blog about it instead.


For the record:


Orange Fanta was on the board, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment